SEO has always been one of the most cost-effective channels for generating organic leads. Businesses spend a decent amount of money to have an SEO-friendly site so that it ranks higher in the search results and helps to generate lots of relevant and high-quality leads without the need to spend tons on PPC.
However, some businesses struggle to get leads from SEO. There are several reasons for this as outlined below:
- Your website is not ranking on top 3 for your main money keywords or it is ranking for keywords that are not relevant to your business.
- Potential customers are bouncing back from your site for one reason or another.
- Your CTA (Call to Action) is not able to drive user actions or isn’t clickable.
- Your site is penalized by Google.
- People are ignoring your brand because the reputation is not good or they are unable to trust your business.
- You are having lots of negative reviews about your business that is stopping the potential customers from trusting you.
- You have old inventory that people are not interested in buying.
- Your SEO is not doing much to generate extra leads for your business.
- You have issues with your website like slow loading time or errors when loading.
- You have incorrect business details mentioned in your website.
The list of issues can go on and on. So, what’s the quick fix? Well, you need to hand over your website SEO to a competent individual or company who can carefully review the problems and provide proper solutions to fix all the issues. There are no shortcuts to this.
If you are an SEO reading this guide or a business owner looking to grow your leads, following these steps can definitely help you to get enough relevant, high-quality leads so that your phone does not stop ringing!
1- Set Realistic Targets And Proper KPI’s
You can’t expect to generate 3x leads right from the first month of SEO. The very first step lies in setting proper Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and realistic targets for your SEO campaign.
You can set similar targets and KPIs for every quarter and judge the outcome of your SEO campaign in terms of ROI.
Proper competitor analysis is also vital at this stage as you can identify the amount of organic traffic your competitors are generating and set your targets accordingly.
2- Conduct a Technical Site Audit
Once you have set your KPI’s, it’s time to conduct a comprehensive technical audit of your website. This will let you know the issues that are stopping people to buy from your site.
Conduct a technical site audit with WooRank’s advanced features.
3- Find The Right Keywords
No SEO campaign can ever be successful if you don’t target the right keywords.
- Always find niche keywords and focus on long-tail, low competition keywords as they are the best keywords to target for leads.
- Use a keyword research tool like Ubersuggest that helps to find lots of relevant long tail key phrases within seconds. Here is a guide to use Ubersuggest and find keywords for free.
- Research related search terms for your main keywords by doing a simple Google search.
- Check the keywords on which your competitors are ranking by using WooRank and add them to your list.
- Add local key phrases or intentional buying words like “buy”, “deal”, or“offer” to your main product-related keywords and refine your list.
Finally, prepare a master list of keywords having head terms, long tail, local, purchase intent based keywords and map them to the relevant target pages.
4- Opt For Marketing Automation
In today’s growing competition, you simply can’t win the race if you don’t opt for marketing automation. Decades-old manual SEO strategies will not work in this age of marketing automation.
Here are some great ways to generate solid leads by adopting marketing automation in your SEO strategy:
- Use a tool like Leadfeeder to identify which companies or people are visiting your website. It automatically sends leads to your CRM and also sends email alerts whenever your target audience visits your site. You can easily connect your Google Analytics accounts with this tool and start generating sales leads for free.
- Send automated emails whenever you publish a blog post or generate an offer. This will reduce your time and eliminates friction thereby offering more chances of conversion.
- Target potential customers across multiple channels.
- Implement up-sells and cross-sells as this will help to improve the customer lifetime value.
- If you are promoting an ecommerce store then use a platform like Shopify to manage your products and process your orders in-app offline or use Shopify POS to manage your inventory offline. A combination of online and offline sales can do wonders for your business.
- You can easily generate triggers based on specific actions made by the user. For example, when the user adds a product to their carts, you can message them or email them personalized offers and close the sale. All of this happens automatically in real time so it tremendously increases the chances of conversion.
5- Optimize Your CTA And User Experience
You won’t have much success with your SEO campaign if you are only generating leads but not converting them. Take every step to maximize the chances of conversion by optimizing both your CTA and your users’ experience. Focus on the overall value that your business can provide to the customer. The faster you can respond to the customer problems, the more difficult it will be for your competitors to catch you.
Here are some of the strategies to optimize your CTA and user experience:
- Envision a buyer journey from the top to the bottom of the sales funnel. Look for moments where the customers are looking to find solutions and how you can help. Add words to CTA buttons that clearly provide the solution to the exact problems that the users are searching.
- Always use action-oriented CTA and use large fonts that users can click easily even on mobile devices.
- Create urgency and use proper color contrast for enhancing the visibility of the CTA.
- Take the help of heat maps to identify the exact location where users are clicking the most and add your CTA in that spot.
- Always keep the CTA above the fold and conduct regular A/B tests to find out which version of the CTA is working the best.
6- Focus on Content Optimization
Content is still the king when it comes to ranking your pages on Google. In simplistic terms, two of the biggest factors that help a webpage to rank in the search engines are “content” and “links”.
Follow the below guidelines for effective content optimization:
- Take a look at Google’s guide to create high-quality pages.
- Avoid having duplicate content or thin content on your site.
- Add proper alt text to every image.
- Ensure each page has original and relevant content and avoid keyword cannibalization.
- Use properly structured snippets in order to provide relevant metadata to the search engines.
- Break your content into shorter paragraphs and use a clear, active voice.
- Avoid slang, buzzwords and technical jargon.
7- Continue Generating/Earning Backlinks
Links continue to be one of the most important ranking factors in the Google search ranking algorithm. Link earning should be a large portion of your SEO strategy because this is where you can gain some competitive advantage.
Here are some great link earning strategies:
- Take the help of Whitespark local citation finder to earn citations for your business. Several times these citations often lead to more links.
- Use guest posting as an effective strategy to build links.
- Sponsor and organize local events to generate buzz about your business which will, in turn, lead to links.
- Adopt the broken link strategy to earn links.
- Use influencer marketing to reach bloggers and create links for your business. You can find micro influencers easily on platforms like Influence.co.
- Publish skyscraper content and let relevant backlinks automatically flow to your site.
- Take the help of ephemeral content marketing and tie a CTA to each post.
8- Don’t Forget Social
Businesses that remain active on social media, have a loyal fan base and generate regular engagement stay in the news, which ultimately helps to improve their branding. Google keeps an eye on brands that are well connected with their audiences.
Here are some strategies to solidify your social SEO strategy:
- Regularly earn fans on your Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and Instagram page.
- Constantly try and grow your connections on LinkedIn.
- Share stuffs that people want to read on social channels. Do not share things that you want to convey.
- Improve the engagement rate of your posts shared across social channels.
9- Regularly Monitor Search Console and Analytics
Regular monitoring of search console and analytics is extremely necessary because this is where you can identify issues that are stopping your website from performing well in terms of SEO.
You must monitor the following metrics regularly via Google Analytics:
- Your organic traffic numbers and the corresponding conversion rate.
- The bounce rate and the exit rate.
- The session duration from organic sources.
- Number of goal conversions.Total cart abandonment rate.
And, the following metrics should be monitored via Search Console:
- The messages section.
- Total number of organic clicks and impressions.
- Total number of links to your site.
- Mobile usability issues located under the Search Traffic section.
- Crawl errors located under the Crawl section.
- Security issues located under the Security section.
Generating leads from SEO isn’t as easy as it sounds and will require a fair amount of dedication on your end.
Following the above strategies will definitely help to improve your ROI from SEO. Always remember that businesses that think about their audiences first and take proper steps to improve the value of their service are bound to perform well on every channel of digital marketing. Take care of your audiences and Google will start promoting your website in search results.
Source : https://www.woorank.com/en/blog/are-you-generating-enough-leads-from-seo